Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

God Has a Sense of Humor


Hey Everyone!

We are talking to a lot of people! We do a lot of contacts every day but it’s harder to find people that actually want to learn more and want to get baptized. The people are so great here though. We are teaching an amazing sister named Valkyria. Her husband is a returned missionary but fell away from the church. He smokes, drinks, and they aren't married legally :( It is so sad to see someone who was so strong fall so hard. But Valkyria is amazing and wants to know more and be baptized! We have a lot of work to do before that can happen, but she is just awesome and I love her already!


I don’t even know what to write! It’s hot and humid here now but people are super nice and always give us water and juice. Portuguese is coming... haha. Actually, yesterday we started talking to these two ladies sitting outside their house and they couldn't understand my companion very well, but they could understand me! What?! My comp has a strong American accent but she’s been here a year and understands everything and everyone always understands her, but not this time. So I had to do all the talking, which almost never happens. God has a great sense of humor. I know it I just so I would have to speak more Portuguese. But I actually did okay. I can speak Portuguese! I know Heavenly Father has strengthened me so much while I have been here. I wouldn't be able to do anything without the help of the Lord.


Pray. Read the scriptures. You have a Father in Heaven you loves you and wants to help you succeed. Just ask Him.


Com Amor, Sister Berry