Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

I've Been Out Two Months!


What another crazy busy week! Basically every week is crazy busy and I’m still getting used to it. I can’t believe I’ve been a missionary for 2 months already! The time is just flying by, and I’m trying to soak it up while I can. We talk to so many people and the people are just awesome here. I love Brazilians! Alright I finally figured out where I am. I am in Sao Paulo, the city of Gaurulhos, in the neighborhood of Novo Cidade. So if you want to google map that you probably could.

Interesting thing about Brazil: the grapes are disgusting here. Just nasty. I don’t even know how to explain it but I can’t even chew or swallow them. But every other fruit is SUPER delicious so I don’t know what the deal is with grapes. They also have Maracujá flavored Fanta!! Passion fruit Fanta! It’s pretty good too.

I got a bunch of Christmas letters this week!! Thank you so much! I sent you some snail mail!! I love letters so don’t be afraid to send me mail!

It is actually not as hot as I thought it would be, which is such a blessing. There is a lot of wind and it rains almost every afternoon. It does feel super-hot after lunch when we are walking around the neighborhoods but people are really nice and give us lots of water so really we are good. It doesn’t feel as hot outside as it does in Arizona, at least not yet. I’m really hoping it doesn’t get hotter than this because I can handle this! My hair is up every day though; I’ve been trying to do different braids every day. My comp does french braids too and people always comment on our “tranças.”  It’s awesome.

I was thinking this morning as we were walking around that I really love Brazil. It has been such a challenge to be here and learn a new language and walk around all day long in the heat but really I love it. I love the food, I love the rain, I love the people, I love how green it is, and I just love how everything is so different. This has been so amazing and I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I get to have this experience. 

I am so grateful that I get to share this wonderful gospel to the people of Brazil! I am learning so much. I always say to myself: In the strength of the Lord I can do hard things. You can do anything when you do it with the Lord. Stay strong. Pray always!


Love, Sister Berry