Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, July 6, 2015

New Beginnings

E aí?

How’s it going? I hope everything is great with you all. I love all your emails!! Thank you so much for thinking of me. You have no idea the difference it makes in my week and how happy it makes me. Thank you!

This week was a lot better, but still super slow. My companion was able to take off her little cast but hasn't been able to walk much, which is really a bummer when walking is your life. But we were able to visit some people who lived closer to home which was great. I love missionary work! I am so excited to get back up and running again! And I am still reading a lot which is good too. And with these cold days it is amazing to be able to drink some amazing hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is good for the soul.

 A lot of great things happened this week and I can't even remember them all. Basically, I LOVE this ward and all the people here. I am so thankful for all that they do to help the missionaries. We had a great Family Home evening with some recent converts and just had a great time together. We ate some delicious cake and a dessert made of corn called Canjica that I love.

We also had our Welcome Conference with our new President and his wife. They are so amazing and I know they are going to do a great job. Sister Silcox is still learning Portuguese so it was awesome to hear from here. Also, President Silcox Served in Tucson, Arizona for 5 months before coming to Brazil! Yay Arizona! 

Something the President asked us to do to prepare for the meeting was read and study 3 Nephi 5:13, which reads something like: "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among the people, that they may have eternal life." I was able to study what it means to be a true disciple of Christ, which we all need to be. Thanks to some awesome talks that Aunt Beth sent me and general conference I was able to learn a great deal. Being a disciple of Christ means following Christ and doing all that He has asked us to do. The path of discipleship is the only way to be truly happy. I am so happy that I am a part of the Church of Jesus Christ! The same exact church that Jesus Christ established when He was on the earth. What a privilege that is! I am going to try harder to be a true disciple of Christ, to think of Him in 'every thought,' to be more Christlike, to serve and love others. I am going to be better! Yay for new beginnings!

Alright, until next time :)

Sister Berry