Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Festa

This week was awesome and filled with some great things. 


I am so happy that I am a missionary in Brazil! I am so blessed! One thing that I have learned is that life is never easy, and it never will be. There will always be some sort of challenge placed in your path. But these challenges are here to help us to learn and to grow. It’s really hard sometimes, but it is an amazing feeling to come out on top and see how far you’ve come. I know the Lord helps us in our lives to become the person He knows we can be. I am working hard to be an instrument in His hands, in all times, and in all things and in all places.

We had two parties this week. The first wasn’t really a party, but I was super happy about it so I think it counts. A sister in the ward gave us a loaf of HOMEMADE Bread. Oh my goodness it was heaven. All it needed was some of my mom’s homemade strawberry jam. Then it would have been beyond perfect. I LOVE the members here so much! They are so nice to us and help us with so many things! Everyone is just so kind and loving. It’s unbelievable.

The other real festa was Festa Junina, which is a typical northeastern Brazil party with lots of food with corn, and country music. It’s like a “country festival.” The food was amazing and I got to hear some Alan Jackson songs which just made my night.

I love Brazil! Alright, thank you for taking the time to read my letters! Have a fantastic week! Don’t forget to pray!!

Love,

Sister Berry