Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, August 3, 2015

"Sem luta não há vitória."

Família e Amigos,

 E aí? :) I hope everything is going great with all of you!

Well, this week was a lot better! People were actually a little happy to see us and we were able to teach a lot more lessons. What was sad though is that Sister Freitas has been sick so we've had to take it a little slow. It was just a bad cold, and she's all better now. So now I’m ready to work!

 A little info about my comp: She's picking up little English phrases that I say sometimes. Like "Oh my goodness,"  "dang it", and "What?!" It’s pretty awesome. We've also been saying a phrase that one of our investigators  (a little crazy and random lady) said last week: "Sem luta não há vitória." Which translates to-  “Without a struggle there is no victory.” It sums of the story of our lives right now, and is so true. We need trials and difficulties so we can grow stronger! Sem luta não há vitória! It is so hard to get rejected time and time again, but I know that if I do my best I cannot fail. Heavenly Father has given me the strength I need and will continue to do so. Thank you for your prayers! I have needed every one.

 It is soooo humid here! I can’t even believe it. There is mold everywhere! My bible got wet in the rain last week and it is still damp. The struggle is real. The good news is that I love the food here. I am still loving rice and beans day after day after day after day. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna miss it. More good news, I’m learning some Brazilian recipes! We will have a Brazilian party when I get back! Speaking of going back, I hit the halfway mark this week! I can’t even believe it. Nine months in Brazil went by so fast! But I’m excited for the rest of my time here. I am so happy here and grateful for all that I am learning.


Até mais, Sister Berry