Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, September 14, 2015

The Week of Rain

Oi Família e amigos!

So this week went by really slow. It rained all week, and that makes missionary work really difficult here. Some days it was okay, but others it was super stormy and we had to stay at some appointments a little longer than planned. So all of my shoes got wet and are STILL drying.

Something good-- there was a mission conference with President Jairo Mazzagardi. He is an area leader here in Brazil. He was super funny and also super helpful for my mission life. He talked a lot about obedience, repentance, and how to help people come unto Christ. I learned so much from him and from the Spirit of God. I need to do better. We always have something that we aren’t doing perfectly, and I was shown a lot of things that I need to change. I really want to be the best person I can be, I want to be more like Jesus Christ. I have a long way to go.

It was also good this week because I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. Bishop called on Saturday and asked if I could talk about Charity. It was a great opportunity to study charity, the pure love of Christ. I found a great talk about charity from the April 2014 general conference by President Thomas S. Monson called Love: The Essence of the Gospel. It was really good, and I learned that I need to be so much nicer to people. We need to love everyone! We are all children of God, brothers and sisters. Really it’s just the little things that make all the difference. There is an irmã in the ward who writes little notes to people on their birthdays or just because. I read my little note that she wrote to me and I just felt so happy and so loved, even though I don’t really know her yet. Try to do something today to make someone a little happier, and you'll be happier too.

And this Sunday was the baptism of Pedro! Pedro is 9 years old and is so intelligent. His family is coming back to church which is so amazing to see. I am so grateful for a gospel of second chances. I’m so grateful that it is never too late to do the right thing. My comp and I sang Faz Me Andar Só Na Luz with Cially a recent returned missionary, and it was beautiful. I am so grateful for the peace, comfort and happiness the Holy Spirit brings.


Sister Berry



Btw I made my dad’s no bake cookies with the peanut butter my fam sent me and I made Hummus! I can cook! Thank you so much!