Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Daylight Savings

Olá a todo!
So many things happened this week! So many things. It was like a giant roller coaster ride. Absolutely full of ups, downs, sudden stops and sharp turns. Overall I can say with certainty that we are seeing miracles here. I have seen miracles. It is amazing.

First off, last week I forgot to tell you that it was day light savings time, so we lost an hour of sleep (whyyyyy?) and I am still super tired. This is why I love Arizona (no daylight savings time).

Second, we went to the temple!! It was beautiful and I loved it. I could feel the peace that the Savior offers us. Going just made me want to go again and again and again. We took lots of pictures and I ate Subway, which was delicious! Oh how I miss it. Going to the temple also made me miss my family. It also reminded me that my family is forever. I will be able to live with my family again after death, if we all live righteously. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and His amazing plan of happiness.

Another good/crazy thing, we had a really good lesson with Karol and Diego. I think I’ve already talked about them a little bit. We are working a lot with them and trying to help Diego receive his answer too. Karol is absolutely amazing. She is one of the miracles I was talking about. She was a referral (help the missionaries!!) and says she has finally found the church where she wants to stay. She was having a lot of doubts because she wants to live the law of chastity but her boyfriend Diego so far doesn’t want anything to do with the church. She told us that she knows that it’s true. Anyway we marked a dinner with them and also our zone leaders to talk with Diego (it’s super hard to talk to Diego because he avoids us. So far it’s only been through food that we have been able to talk to him. Hence, dinner). I also made chocolate chip cookies! They weren’t as good as my Dads though. I need your recipe dad!

So the lesson was crazy, because we were trying to explain the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity but he wouldn’t accept anything. He told us that coffee being something bad would never enter in his head, and that he would never accept it. And we just told him to pray and to read the Book of Mormon. He said he would, but then I felt prompted to ask him "Would you like to know that the Book of Mormon is true?" He said yeah sure, but then Karol said no, that he doesn’t want to know. 

Diego doesn’t want to know it’s true because if it’s true he would have to change his life. He would have to change a lot of stuff. We have done all that we could to help him, and now it’s all in the Lords hands. He went to church on Sunday and Karol said that he would go with her every Sunday now. Karol is just waiting for Diego for her to be baptized. It’s frustrating, but I know that it’s all in the timing of the Lord. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have taught Karol. We had another lesson with her on Saturday. Just us. We talked, and we cried together. She said that she prays every night with her whole heart that Diego will change and will be able to receive an answer too. We pray so much and so hard for them. It’s crazy the love you feel for people out here.

More news: We moved! Now we are living with Sister L. Freitas and Sister Godoy because their house is huge and is actually in our area. It’s a 2 story house, and so far things are good. We moved Saturday morning and I finally got to unpack and organize a little today. It’s closer to the chapel so it’s easier for us.

Yesterday we had a devotional at the church that was a broadcast from the CTM here in Brazil. It was Aidukatus, Mazzagardi and Presidente Costa. It was awesome and made me so happy to be on a mission. Prepare now to go on a mission! Study the scriptures and gain a testimony now. It will be the best decision of your life.

I love being a missionary. Thank you for your prayers. I need them.

Love ya! Sister Berry