Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Aloha!

Aloha!
My comp lived in Hawaii so I think I can say aloha. Plus, I'm just happy. I am getting so excited during this Christmas season. I absolutely love talking about Jesus Christ to anyone and everyone that we see! Have we not reason to rejoice?!
This week was our Christmas conference with half the mission, and it was awesome! I love being a missionary. We got to sing the 12 days of Christmas with the whole mission, which was super hilarious. Brazil doesn,t have this song so we taught it to everyone and made it into a cool activity. We also had a talent show that was great. A lot of good singing and some funny parodies of the mission. The best part was the testimony meeting. President chose 3 missionaries who are going home this week to go first but then left it open to everyone. President chose Elder Correia as one of the first, and it was amazing. He was my Zone Leader in Boa Vista and he is already going home. I think I have said before that my favorite part of zone conferences are the testimonies of the missionaries going home, because they have such a strong spirit. They have learned to love the work with their whole souls, and they give me the strength to keep working hard until the end. I don't want to have any regrets. I cannot believe how fast time flies!
The work has been going good. We have been visiting a lot of less actives, and still trying to find new people to teach. We actually found a family who already met with the missionaries in Bahia (state in Brazil), but moved here and lost contact with the church. They are super nice and are super excited to talk with us. It is amazing how God puts people who are prepared in our path, we just have to have the courage to open our mouths and preach the gospel! I pray for that courage every day.
I have been just loving this gospel this week. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and I love even more being a missionary of this church. This scripture has been in my mind all week: 2 Nephi 33:6 "I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." So I have been 'glorying' in truth and in my Jesus this week. This gospel is amazing, and this Christmas we have more reason than ever to thank God for our blessings and be happy. Lets be happy!!
Some things that I remember about this week: 

  • -lots and lots of açaí, Sister Allred also discovered Paçoca, which is kinda like dried peanut butter and really good with açaí. Delicious!!
  • -Juice! finally we have been drinking lots more natural juice, which is the best thing in the whole wide world. we tried orange juice with banana this week, good stuff. 
  • -Ward christmas party! a little bit of christmas music to brighten the season . I love this ward so much!! the people here are amazing and i love them all!
Until next week, and have a merry, merry Christmas!!

Com todo o meu amor e carinho, 
Sister Berry

Feliz Natal!