Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, December 7, 2015

It's Beginning to Feel Like Christmas

Meus queridos,
 
So many things happened this week. This week went by so fast. Its true when they say that the day goes by super slow, the weeks fast, and the months even faster. I think yesterday was our last p-day. Crazy how time flies. Especially because this week I finally realized that its almost Christmas!! Say what?! Its hard to be excited about Christmas here because it is so different from home, but now I can say that I am happy for Christmas. The reason that I am happy about Christmas is because my comp and I have been watching a bunch of Christmas videos and messages on lds.org. They are amazing and absolutely beautiful! One of my favorites is from last year: He is the Gift. Really, the Savior, Jesus Christ is the reason that we have Christmas. He gives us peace and joy. Thinking and pondering on Christ's birth and His life, I can find peace, and I can find happiness. It is amazing! 

Some exciting things about this week was our French Toast Friday! My comp is great and decided that we need more french toast in our lives. And she also brought maple flavoring with her from home (so smart!) so we ate delicious french toast with maple syrup. More delicous things that we ate this week was churros at a house of a less active. He made them himself and it was awesome! I am going to buy a churro machine when I get home haha.

Its been a little hard these past few weeks finding new people to teach. Sister Allred is still a little aprehensive about talking to people that she doesn't know, but we are both working about getting better at this. She is really amazing and helps me so much. Its amazing the Spirit that every one can feel when she teaches and bears testimony. She doesn't talk perfectly, so she has to rely on the Spirit to testify to those we are teaching, and we can all feel it. I have forgotten a bit about that. I have been relying more on what I say than how I say it. So that is something that I am working on.

I also wanted to say that it is super important to visit people in the church. People need so much help and want friends in the church. Show people how much you love them! 

Tchau!
Sister Berry