Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, March 16, 2015

It's Time for Transfers

My last picture with Sister Beazer
Note: Sister Berry and the missionaries in Brazil are safe in the midst of the protests. They were told to stay inside during this time. In a personal email sent to me (Beth),  Sister Berry mentioned that they "had to come home straight after lunch because of a protest thing all over Brazil, I think." She is not up to speed with the politics of Brazil as missionaries don't watch television or read the newspapers while they are serving the Lord. She is an obedient missionary and will listen to the guidance of the Mission President as he helps them remain safe during the turbulence.

Well this has been a crazy, crazy week, but isn’t it always. First, I have a new companion!! Sister Fernandes is awesome! She is from Fortaleza, Brazil, and she knows a lot of English, which helps. So far things are going fantastic and I am excited for this transfer! With transfers and all we didn’t really do a lot this week. Oh yeah… it was super fun to have all her suitcases on the train and on the bus on the way home from the Mission office. It was super stressful and super crowded, but we got home safely! Sister Fernandes also knows how to cook (hallelujah)!  She made Tapioca (she taught me how too, its super easy!) and made some other stuff. She's teaching me how to cook, so I am really excited.

One highlight of the week: We had a lunch without rice and beans! It was strange, but awesome! The sister made us pasta, with white sauce and a red sauce, and chicken on the side. I felt like I was in Italy it was so good! I love rice and beans, but that was just amazing.

Well, the work is moving forward. We are talking to anyone and everyone about the joy the gospel brings to our lives. I really loved church yesterday. The lesson in Relief Society was about how we know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is our Savior. Also, it was about how we know that there is a God. How do I know? I know because I can feel it in my heart. I know it when I look at a beautiful sky full of clouds, when I look at a tree, animals, people, at the beauty of the earth- I can feel it. Like it says in Alma 30:44 "All things denote there is a God." If you don’t know that you have a loving Father in Heaven, or that there is a Savior, even Jesus Christ, you can find out through prayer and reading the scriptures. Come unto Christ and feel His love! I find comfort every day in knowing that God loves me and will help me in all that I do if I ask Him. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ; even though I have never seen them, I know that they are there and are cheering me on and pushing me forward.

Thank you all for your amazing examples! Love you all! 

Love,
Sister Berry
 
Our Zone at the last transfer-- I just love them!
My new companion on the very steep hill that is a bear to climb. It's worse in