Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Goodbye to Nova Cidade

Hello! Hello!

First some news…TRANSFERS. All four of the Sisters here in Nova Cidade are getting transferred! It’s kinda crazy but true. I’m a little sad to leave this area and all the amazing people that I have met here, but I’m excited to go to a new area and meet new people.  A lot of great things happened this week, some funny stories that I would like to tell, but I don’t have the time. (I spent my time emailing my Aunt back and forth). 

One thing that happened was when my comp and I were leaving the açaí place with some Elders in our district… I totally slipped and fell. Yup, just like me to fall in front of the whole world. I messed up my knee but mostly it was my pride that got bruised.

We have been teaching some amazing people here but no one is married to the person they live with! We were teaching the second lesson with this lady who is living with her dad to help him and she is fantastic. We found out that she’s been living with this other guy for 20 years and is still not married. People that are living together have to be married first in order to get baptized. We are working hard to find people that are prepared to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Church was really good yesterday. A recent convert invited me and my companion to go see the new Avengers on our next P day! If only! I had to tell him that we don’t watch movies on our missions and he got a little sad. But I am excited for all of you back in America to see Avengers!

I learned something this week during our lunch yesterday with the Stake President. We were talking about the Savior and when he was tempted by Satan to turn stone into bread, have angels save him from death, and all the riches of the world that Satan could offer. But Jesus Christ denied everything and told Satan, “get thee hence”. And the way I understand it, the Savior was able to do that because He knew who He was. He knew that he was a Child of God, and that He had a grand and marvelous work to do here on the earth. When we know who we are and why we are here, we can do amazing things. You are a child of God, and you are here on this earth to be happy. The only way that we can be truly happy is through the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all. Remember who you are, and that you can do hard things!


Love Sister Berry