Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Climbing Mountains

Hello Everyone!

Well this has been another great week in Brazil. So much stuff happened! Some updates: Sister Larissa and I are getting to know the area a little better. It’s a little hard to find an address though--hardly any of the streets have name plaques, so we have to talk to everyone to ask the names of the streets. But like I said, we are learning our way around.



By the way, it’s getting cold here. The nights are freezing now, but I love it. It makes me feel like its Christmas... but it’s not so it’s also a little sad. I like the cold though.

This week we had the amazing opportunity to have a mission conference with the Sao Paulo North mission to hear from Elder Marcos A. Aidukatis and Elder L. Whitney Clayton and their wives. It was so awesome! And the talks were absolutely perfect. I really liked the talk by Sister Aidukatis. She talked about the scripture 2 Nephi 25:26...

"We talk of Christ, we preach of Christ, we rejoice in Christ..."

It is all about Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer and that I get to tell others about Him every single day. That is why I am here.

Another cool thing Elder Aidukatis and Elder Clayton did was they took the time to shake all of our hands and wanted to know where we were from. It’s great to feel the love.

I was also able to see a bunch of old friends in the mission and some of the elders that were in my MTC district. It was awesome. 

We did an awesome hike for our p-day today. I almost died getting to the top, but it was so worth it. There was so much fog and it was sprinkling a little bit too. The view was so amazing! “Heavenly Father did a good job.” And I saw a Hummingbird. I know Heavenly Father loves me.




We had an amazing lesson with the other Elders in our area this week. We watched the Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration movie (SUPER good, you have to watch it). It’s kind of a long story with these investigators, Sandra and Igor, but to sum it up a bit, they’ve been investigating the church for a long time but they still haven’t gotten baptized. So after the film, we all bore our testimonies- that we know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and the only place to find true happiness. But what I loved was the testimony of Elder Correia. The Spirit was so strong, and he told Igor that we missionaries would not be giving all our time, our lives, to this church if it wasn’t true. Joseph Smith wouldn’t have died for something that wasn’t true, and that he didn’t believe in with his whole heart.

I am here because the Church is true. Christ lives and loves us. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven.


Sister Berry