Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Te Agradeço



This has seriously been one of the best transfers yet. I love my companion, the Elders in the ward, the ward, and the area. I have been so blessed! I also know that I still have so many opportunities in front of me. I am so grateful for the love of the Lord and all of the little things that I see that help me to remember His love. I know my Heavenly Father loves me! And that is such a great feeling. I am trying to stay focused and happy so I can show our investigators what their lives could be like. Things are going really great now, but I know that it won't always be that way. I am trying to learn how to be happy no matter what the circumstance. I know that true happiness comes when our lives are focused on Jesus Christ and the things that He taught. It is really hard to be a missionary, but I am so happy!! It is so hard to explain, but I love it.

We had some great experiences this week too. The people that we are teaching are awesome and I love 'em. Let me tell you about Enildo and Marina. The Elders made a contact with him first and gave us his address. One day we decided to visit to see if we could teach him and his family. We get there and start talking to him and his wife, but he was rude and just told us he was too busy to talk to us and that if he had known that we would come he wouldn’t have given the Elders his address. We normally wouldn’t visit them again but his wife Marina was more interested. So after a few days we finally were able to sit down together and teach them.

Enildo doesn’t really have any religion and doesn’t pray or read the bible or anything. Marina can’t read but she says her prayers. It was super difficult to get Enildo to say the prayer the first time, but he finally did it. We visited them this week and we were talking about the importance of prayer, because Enildo still wasn’t saying his daily prayers. We asked him to pray to start our lesson. With a lot of coaxing, Sister Larissa spoke the first words for him to repeat "Pai Celestial... te agradeço…" And after that he said the prayer, and you could tell that it really touched him this time. It wasn’t the first one he had said with us, but I think it was the first one where he really knew that someone was listening. After that he just loves us and is so much nicer than the first time we met him. It is amazing to see the power of the Spirit and Prayer in other people's lives. There are countless more experiences just like this one. I love being a missionary!!

I got more letters this week! Thank you so much Family! Mom, I loved all the things you said about the Sao Paulo show you watch. Yes, you should totally learn how to make feijoada!! It is so good :) And another good thing you should try: avocado smoothie. Mix some avocados, milk, and some sugar in a blender = super delicious! It is a little strange at first but it’s super good.

So today for Pday…we went to the Sao Paulo zoo! It was awesome! By the way, I love elephants and giraffes and flamingos. It’s pretty awesome all the things that Heavenly Father made for us. The world is beautiful!




I love you all! Try and notice the little things in life that make you happy. Notice the tender mercies of the Lord. They are there!!

Love ya!

Sister Berry