Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, June 1, 2015

"And whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he."

The time goes by so slow and so fast at the same time. I have only less than a year to be a missionary! I know it will fly by, so I have to soak it up and enjoy every day.

So this last week was transfers and Elder Potts went home. We had a great Family Home Evening Night with almost half the ward, and a lot of food. This ward is just amazing! I wish I could finish my mission here. Sister Larissa and I are still here in Boa Vista and loving it. I never want to leave. And this morning we made some delicious American food. Elder Clive made French toast and he has some Mrs. Butterworth’s Maple Syrup from home (they don’t have syrup here) and it was amazing!  Elder Correia made some Peach Cobbler that was surprisingly good. And tomorrow I’m going to make some Mac and Cheese for lunch, it’s going to be great.

Well, I can’t even remember what happened this week. It went by really, really fast. My comp was sick one day this week so we had to stay home. Staying at home all day with a sick companion is not fun, besides getting to take a nap in the afternoon maybe. I did get to study a lot though. I just finished Philippians in the New Testament and it was really good. I love the scriptures. There’s a great scripture in chapter 4 verses 6-8. I love the part

”But in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep you hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

Remember that God is listening and wants to bless you, you just have to ask. And be grateful for what you have. I always think of the song “You cant always get what you want...But if you try sometimes... you just might find...You get what you need." Yup. that’s how life works sometimes. Just remember that your Heavenly Father knows you and He knows what you need to become the best person that you can be. It’s amazing. Alright, and scriptural One liner of the week is in Proverbs 16:20...

"And whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he."


Be strong and pray always,

Sister Berry