Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, June 15, 2015

I'm going to become a vegetarian


All the weeks are mixing together. We are teaching a lot of people and walking a lot. And I mean a lot. Our house is on the edge of our area so we have to walk 30 minutes downhill to get to the Church (middle of the area) and then a huge uphill climb to get back home. But it’s got a great view.
So real quick, we found some awesome families to teach this week. Eudes is really excited though and loves learning about Jesus Christ and how to pray. It is so amazing to see the change in people, to see them learn about their loving Heavenly Father and how they can talk to Him. I love it! Eudes and Valeria are super cool, but have a lot of addictions. They smoke, drink lots of coffee, and Valeria drinks a lot of alcohol too. But it is also really sad to see so many people held back by addictions that so many people have today.

We talked to one lady who told us that all she thinks about it smoking and has to count the minutes to make sure she doesn’t smoke even more than she does. It’s horrible to be held back by these things. I am so grateful for all I have learned in this Church, for all that I am learning about how to be healthy. That reminds me, I feel like I need to go vegetarian when I get back home because I have eaten enough meat here in Brazil to last a lifetime.

I also read an amazing talk this week: How to Become a Consecrated Missionary. Something that I loved was that it talked about spiritual confidence. We have confidence in ourselves when we rely completely on the Lord. It’s strange how that works, but it’s true. When we realize and remember that everything is in the Lord's hands, and that He knows what is best for us, we are more confident and happier in life. It’s amazing. So I am going to work on trusting the Lord completely, so I can have spiritual confidence.

Have a fantastic week everyone! Remember to say your prayers, too. I know they make all the  difference.


Love Sister Berry