Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, June 8, 2015

The Gift of Grace

View from the Church (3rd floor)
This has been a great week, a lot of things happened, but nothing at the same time. It’s just crazy how time flies. Well, I had the opportunity to go on a division with another sister in the zone, which was really fun. Sister Cordner is from Utah and we just had a great time talking about Disneyland, movies, the language, and everything. It’s great to talk with someone from your own country every once in a while. We also had another meeting with the President where I got to see a bunch of old friends again! I just love missionaries! AND I finally got some Liahonas and the one from General Conference. I am so excited to read all of it. I am so grateful for living prophets and apostles that tell us what we need to know in our day and age. Heavenly Father loves all of us!

Speaking of love, I wanted to talk a little bit about it. I was getting super down this week, thinking about home a little too much maybe, or thinking about all the ways that I have failed, and things that I need to do better. Something amazing happened though, as it always does. I remembered/felt that Heavenly Father still loves me. I can feel His love as I look at a beautiful sunrise, as I sing "How Firm a Foundation," or read the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Even though I am not perfect, He loves me. My Savior loves me. He knows me, and is there to take away my pains and sorrows.

I loved President Uchtdorf’s talk this conference, “The Gift of Grace.” I finally understood something about the Atonement: The Savior already died for my sins, and paid for my sorrows. The Grace of God has already saved me, so I don’t need to worry about that. The important part now is if I have been changed by grace. President Uchtdorf tells us that we keep the commandments of God because we love Him. So that is all I need to worry about. I just have to keep moving forward and doing my best. I love the Lord, so I will do the best I can to follow Him and do what He asks. I won’t be perfect, but as long as I get back up when I fall, it will be enough. Always remember the love God has for you. It can change your life if you let it.



Have a fantastic week!

Sister Berry