Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Look for the Little Miracles

This week was a great week full of hard work, little miracles, but a little bit of tears too. Being a missionary is hard. No one said it would be easy, and every day I am a witness to that. But I know that this church is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know that we have a living Prophet who leads the church today by revelation from God. It is truly amazing!

So an exciting thing this week was a missionary homecoming. We have been teaching this Family for a long time, ever since I arrived in the área, and I love them. I have been able to see the return of some less active members, a baptism, and we are helping Nilta to be baptized this month. So the past 5 months everyone has been talking about this missionary and he finally finished his mission and is home safe. We stopped by his little coming home party and it was soooo strange to see him. He still looked like a missionary, and I could tell that he still felt like a missionary and didnt know what to do in a house full of people ( his Family) that he hadnt seen in two years. He told us that his mission was really the best two years of his life. It is hard, but it is worth it. Seeing that made me just a little less excited to come home, because I know that it is going to be strange, just like it was strange for him. I love my Family, but for now I am so grateful to be here in Brazil sharing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Another little miracle, one day this week was especially rough. It was right after lunch and the two good appointments that we had for the day had called to cancel so we had nothing to do. We sat down to pray and decide what we were going to do with our day. I was ready to give up and just go home and cry, but my comp said she felt good about doing contacts in a particular área. So we walked and talked to some good people, and ended up finding ourselves on a street of a less active that we had tried to visit before but never did. We decided to stop there for a bit to talk with her, also because it was starting to rain. Not five minutes after entering the less active's house, a huge storm started. We were able to stay safe and dry until the storm passed. Before that, I wanted to give up and just cry because things hadnt gone the way that I had planned, but God had other plans in mind. He knows what we need to do and He is watching over us. I am so grateful for His love and support.

Make sure to look for the little miracles in you life. They are always there!

love Sister Berry