Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, February 15, 2016

A Mission Isn't Easy

Oi,

This has been a crazy week, full of ups and downs as always. I just want to say how happy I am to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful to have a strong testimony that this is the only true and living church on the earth today. Jesus Christ leads this church through prophets and apostles today! Heavenly Father always answers our prayers and He is always listening. 

So this week was a lot of walking. We have received a lot of references recently from members (which is awesome!) but they all live in a neighborhood super far away. So, we walked a lot. We have found some good people but it has been difficult to get these people to come to church. I am hoping that things will get better because "summer break" has ended so more people will be at home now. Sister Pinheiro has some good ideas for us to have more success here in the area, and we are working at putting them all in place.
 
This week we had an amazing conference with President Silcox and the assistants. I am so grateful for our President, he really is inspired. He talked about being exactly obedient and doing God's will. When we do what God wants us to do, we are happy and we are blessed. When we do only what we want to do, we are sad, frustrated, and cannot receive all the blessings that God wants to give us. They also talked about love. We are nothing without the pure love of Christ in our hearts. I want to love everyone. I want everyone to feel Gods love. So after the conference I felt revigorated and reminded that God trusts in me to teach His children here in this area. He trusts in me and He will give me the help i need to do His work.

A mission isn't easy. Life isn't easy. I have become aware of so many of my weaknesses. I have so much that I need to do better. This week especially God has shown me some of my weaknesses. But now I am grateful for this opportunity to become better, to overcome my weaknesses and turn them into strengths. 

Sorry I dont have any experiences to share. The week goes by so fast and when pday comes I cant remember anything that happened. Next week will be better, I promise. 
With love, Sister Berry