Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Hey Hey Hey

 What a great week! We were able to work a lot this week and we saw the results. We have been receiving a lot of references lately and it is going fantastic. We are now teaching some good, solid people and i am excited to see where they will go from here. 

We met with an awesome family this week! The mother is actually coming back to church after being less active for more than 10 years. She is married and has 5 kids now and they are all great! Just that the dad doesn't really want anything to do with the church for now, but we will continue visiting with them and help some of her oldest children prepare for baptism.


Sao paulo is super weird. It is scorching hot in the morning and then in the afternoon its cold and it rains. Except this week it hailed one day. It hailed! It was super hot and then it hailed in the afternoon. Crazy. It was funny too because it was the first time that my comp saw hail and she freaked out a little bit haha. I guess it never hails in the northern part of Brazil. My comp also likes to pick strange fruit off of trees on the street and make me eat them. She says that she knows what kind of fruit it is, but it never really works out good. So far I havent died, so everything is fine. 


I wanted to thank my parents for all that they do for me and for my siblings. I have heard so many people here say that after having one kid they don't want anymore or that they could have done so much more in life if they didn't have any kids. But I know that having a family is an essential part of the plan of happiness. I am so grateful for my family, and I know that my parents and so many others, have given all that they have for their children. Thank you for all the love and support!


This week was also great because of Ana and Pat, who came to church this Sunday. Their family life is a little complicated because of their brothers who have problems with drinking and doing drugs. These two women really want to change their lives and feel more peace at home. I know that they can find it in the gospel.
 love Sister Berry