Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Week as a Trio

Well, we survived our week as a trio! Woo hoo! It actually went really well and I love these two sisters. They are complete opposites but are both adorable because they are both 'greenie' missionaries. It was great to see their light shine this week. We were able to work hard and find some new people to teach, but no one new came to church! Church is the most important and at times the most difficult for the people here that don't like to get up early or dont have a car. We are working hard and trusting in the Lord all the same. 

This week I also had to go to the police station or someplace like that to renew my visa for the year. It was only awesome because I got to talk to some new Elders that had just arrived in Brazil. It was hard to speak only English but I think they understood. They wanted to know about the food and if anything was super gross here. Good thing about Brazil is that everything is delicious! Rice, beans and meat. Yum!

I also made some awesome pancakes this week! Strawberries, bananas and maple syrup equals perfection on top of a pancake. They were not the best ever, but I am going to work on perfecting them a bit. 

Oh, Transfers! This week is transfers and sadly Sister Allred will be leaving tomorrow for a new area. But she is going to be companions with an amazing Brazilian Sister that I know will be perfect. I will be staying here with Sister Pinheiro. One more transfer here in Itaim Paulista. Its a long time, but I know that there are still people waiting for the gospel in this area, and they are waiting for me. 

I know that God answers our prayers, and I believe in miracles. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary here in Brazil. I love this gospel and my testimony grows every single day that I do the work of the Lord. Remember to serve others and look for the little miracles in your life. 

Com amor, Sister Berry