Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. This is a collection of letters e-mailed home from Sister Berry.

Monday, March 21, 2016

City Lights Look Like Stars

Olá,

This week was crazy! So many things have changed. My new area is super different than any place I have ever been.There are a lot of high class people here, but also from the lower class too. So far I have been feeling super out of place, but I know it just takes some time to adjust. I miss my old area a lot actually, and all the people that I love. Sister Arzola has been introducing me to the members so little by little it has been getting better. Sister Arzola is super amazing and is a super hard worker, I am loving it! I just feel a little bad for her now because I dont know anything about the area most of the time she is just doing everything. I am trying to learn as fast as I can. I know that it will all turn out great. 

This area is so beautiful! There are lots of apartment buildings (that also provide shade), and lots of trees too. There is a super big park that is part of our area too that I am excited to visit. The only drawback of the city is that everything is super expensive, especially the açai. so that is a little sad for my life. We also have a great view from our apartment, 16 stories up. At night the city nights really looks like stars. The apartment is super tiny but the view makes up for it. I love it. 

I talked to a returned missionary who served in London England in english and it was super hilarious. Imagine a brazilian with an english accent! Awesome!

Well, this transfer I really want to focus on loving everything. The people, the area, the language, the mission, and being a missionary here in Sao paulo. I know I can do hard things!

I am also super excited for Easter! I am so grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that He died for me and for all of us. I know that He lives! I know that He guides this church through living prophets today. 

Have a fantastic week!!

Love, Sister Berry