Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, March 7, 2016

I Love Being a Missionary

Olá!
I cannot believe that it is March already! This year has been going by so fast! I now have 1 year and 4 months as a missionary! Crazy!

This week has been great; Sister Pinheiro and I have finally gotten into the swing of things and are working hard and great together. We have met some wonderful families these past few weeks that we have been visiting and helping a lot. First was Ana, who got baptized yesterday! She has been faced with a lot of persecution from her family but she was determined to be baptized. I am so grateful for the members here who have helped us out so much and have been visiting her. We also have been visiting a great family that I have grown to love. Fran is coming back to church after many years out of it and is bringing here whole family with her. She is not legally married to her husband yet, so we are helping them with that. They have 5 kids that are just adorable! The two oldest are old enough to get baptized so we are teaching them more about that. Fran has a really great desire to relearn and remember all that she once knew, and really wants her children on the right path. Her husbund is a little more closed to things with religion, but we are helping him little by little.

I love being a missionary! Every day I have a greater desire to work and talk to everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am really learning how to be patient. Heavenly Father has shown me so many of my weaknesses. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and the strength that He has given me. I know that we can do hard things. Trust in Him and everything will be alright. :)

love, Sister Berry