Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Happiness

Hello everyone,

This week has been tiring, but amazing. First, last tuesday, we had the amazing opportunity to go to the São Paulo temple with the mission! I love the temple so much. It truly is the house of the Lord; a place where we can feel peace and His love more strongly. Even more amazing, we stayed to pass through with the first convert of my companion, Sister Arzola! In Sister Arzola's first area on the mission she taught a man, who got baptized and now, one year later went to the temple with his wife to be married and sealed together for time and all eternity. It was a privilege to be there at such a special moment in their lives. Even more awesome was that they performed the ceremony in Spanish! The family is from Chile so they decided to be married in their native language. I was able to understand almost everything. Maybe not specific words, but the idea, kinda like when I first arrived here in Brazil. It was beautiful and I loved being a part of it. 

Well this week was Easter! I absolutely loved sharing messages with everyone about our Savior Jesus Christ. We watched many times the video from mormon.org, #Hallelujah- an Easter message. I love it so much! I love my Savior. I am so grateful for the opportunity to start again and again. Even though I make mistakes, God still loves me, and He will help me to become more like His Son. I have found new life in Jesus Christ. He has healed me, and will continue to do so as long as I have sorrow or pain in life. I love Him and He loves me! Make sure to check out that video.

It was a little difficult this weekend to find people at home because of the Easter Holiday. Here, Good Friday or Sexta Feira da Paixão, is bigger than Easter Sunday, so lots of people were out of town or didnt want to let us in because they had visitors. We were still able to talk to some people and visit members. Sister Arzola is great and loves to work. I was questioning a bit this week, wondering why am I here in Vila Mariana when the transfer is only 5 weeks long. What can I do here in 5 weeks that I couldnt have done in Itaim or in some other area? What am I doing here and what do I need to learn? I still dont know the answers, but I want to work my hardest. I know that Heavenly Father will answer my prayers, in His time. 

Something awesome about this week- I ate deviled eggs! I had forgotten that they even existed until a member served them at lunch on friday. It is totally uncommon here in Brazil and the member didnt even know it was an Easter thing until I mentioned it. Pretty awesome. So yeah, its all about the little things. :)

Thanks for all the love! And watch General Conference next week! Messages directly from God given through His prophets and apostles! I am soooooo excited!

Com muito amor, Sister Berry <3