Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, November 16, 2015

A North America Companion!



Well this has been kind of a crazy week! But things are going great! I love my new companion! She is an absolute sweetheart and is excited to be a missionary. So her name is Sister Allred, she is from Indiana (North American!), and came straight from the Brazil MTC. Of course this week was a little hard for her with all the walking and with the language but she is moving forward and willing to do everything that needs to be done. She is a super shy person but is willing to talk portuguese to learn. She is speaking the language really well and I know that she will be fluent in no time. I let her leave little scripture messages most of the time and she talks great, she just gets a little scared sometimes. I am so grateful for this opportunity and I pray that we can learn what we need to learn together. I am ready to work hard and see miracles. I know that I can do hard things with the strength of the Lord!

And there isn't really much more that I can say about this week. We walked a lot, and talked to a lot of people. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with this new responsiblility but I am also super excited. I love being a missionary and I know that I am learning exactly what I need to learn.
So the last day with Sister C. Lima we ate TACOS at a members house and it was amazing! I miss mexican food! The member also knows how to make burritos so hopefully we eat that this week. Yummm!

And I love this ward so much! They help us so much and always bring friends to church and show us people to teach. That is the best and easiest way to make a missionary happy. Share the gospel with the people that you love. Its also an easy way to make our Heavenly Father happy. Our Heavenly Father loves each of us and wants us all to come back to His presence. I am so happy because I know that my Savior loves me! and He loves you too. Dont forget it. Never forget that you are a child of Heavenly Father, who loves you! So many people in the world dont know that, and it is our responsibility to tell everyone.

Thanks for reading! And maybe send me an email or letter sometime ;)
love, Sister Berry
Sao Paulo east mission
Rua Caa- Acu 229 belenzinho
03171-020 Sao paulo SP
Brazil