Dates Serving

Serving November 2014 to May 2016. Includes weekly emails from the mission and updates as a returned missionary.

Monday, November 23, 2015

God Freely Gives

e aí, Beleza? ;)

Well, things have been a little crazy this week. Something exciting always happens, and thats what makes missions so fun! I love it here.

We have been walking a lot this week and my companion is still getting used to mission life, but like I said, she is amazing. Things are going really well with her and I know that she is going to be a super succesful missionary. She is super shy but she really wants to change. We are both working on ways that we can change for the better. 

Speaking of change, I have changed a lot more than I realized. Being with a newbie has reminded me what I was like when I got here. I didn't know the language, I didnt know how to teach the gospel, I didnt know how to be a missionary yet, and I still hadnt learned a lot about Jesus Christ and His gospel. I don't know how my first companion stood being around me all the time. Sister Beazer is amazing! Seriously I have learned so much, and I want to learn so much more.

We had a zone conference this week with our mission President which was amazing. A sister in the zone gave an amazing training that made me think a lot. She talked about gratitude. Gratitude is something that we all have to have no matter the circumstances that we are in. So she asked each one of us what we are grateful for. The first thing I thought of was the love from my family and my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for His love!! I don't know what I would do without it. Love is something that we all want to feel and something that God freely gives. I want to help people feel the love of God. I want people to see that I love them too. I want to have the love of Christ in my life.

Other news, today we helped out with a Mormon Helping Hands activity in the stake of loading water onto trucks to send to another state in Brazil that suffered a natural disaster. I love helping people. Show your love for someone this week! Its the little things that make all the difference.
Love Sister Berry :)